So, as trying to establish a habit in myself I’ve decided to participate in the NaBloPoMo January 2015 Challenge. You can find more info about this challenge here.
As one of my big things for 2015 I’m trying to hold myself more accountable so I don’t become “as” lazy or do things at last minute so they are not done to my satisfaction. I want to change that.
So, day 1 is about resolutions for the new year and you guessed it
#1. be more accountable.
Part of making resolutions that will be kept is making things specific. “be more accountable” is so vague it could mean anything. For me being accountable is taking the tasks that I would like to do or must do (this is especially for work) and making a plan to tackle it before it becomes a rush job or it falls off my plate, over taken by events. For my personal things, part of that is blogging about it. I have found that if I write it down and share it with someone, then I am more likely to do it (I don’t want to seem like I’m a slacker to others)
In no particular order I have 4 other things that top my list for 2015. I’m sure as I move through January and as I start really thinking and planning I will come up with more, but until then….
- Read 12 books.
- I want to read more, so I am committing myself to reading approximately 1 book a month. I think this is a reasonable goal.
- be more proactive with my finances.
- I have a lot of ideas on this, and will probably be a subject of a blog post as I sort through all of them to create a doable plan for 2015.
- Complete the renovations on my bathroom
- This is important to me as I’ve procrastinated on this for over a year (seriously).
- plan one outing a month to get me out of the house
- The last part of the year for 2014 I because a depressed homebody. I need to break out of my funk and get out more.
So that is the short plan. We’ll see how that goes. =o)